Eight Tips for Sleeping Better and Feeling Better
Getting enough sleep affects much more than energy – it also has mental and physical benefits. Conversely, sleep deprivation can compromise motor reaction time, which can increase your risk of being in a car accident, according to the National Sleep Foundation (NSF).
Sleep better and feel better with these eight tips from the NSF:
1. Stick to the same sleep schedule, even on weekends.
2. Turn off all electronics an hour before bed, including laptops, tablets and smartphones. If reading before bed, consider the print format.
3. Avoid eating a big or spicy meal before bedtime to prevent digestion issues. Eat a small, healthy snack instead.
4. Exercise daily.
5. Limit caffeinated beverages to a moderate amount (one or two cups) in the morning. Try drinking caffeine-free tea, such as chamomile, ginger or peppermint.
6. If feeling stressed, try meditation or light yoga as a relaxation technique. Using essential oils such as lavender, chamomile or jasmine with an aromatherapy diffuser may also help you feel calmer and more relaxed.
7. Keep the bedroom cool by setting your thermostat to an optimal sleeping temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. If your bedroom isn’t dark enough, try blackout curtains or a sleep mask.
About Amica Insurance
Amica is the longest-standing mutual insurer of automobiles in the U.S.
A direct writer, Amica also offers home, life, marine and umbrella insurance, as well as annuities.
Founded on principles of outstanding service, Amica creates peace of mind and builds enduring relationships with its customers. That mission is shared and supported by thousands of employees across the country. visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter@amica.com.
Amica Media Center
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.