The Services are offered and made available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Amica and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
Accessing the Websites and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services, and any service or material we provide on the Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the Services in their entirety, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services;
- Any and all activity that occurs via your user name, password, or personal identification number (“PIN”).
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, PIN or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of the Services using your username, password, PIN or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username, password, PIN or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your username, password, PIN or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Amica, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials;
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes;
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages from the Services for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution; and
- You may download a single copy of our mobile application to your mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such application.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this Service;
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services or any services or materials available through the Services.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Services other than that set out in this section, please address your request to WebComments@amica.com.
The Amica name, the Amica logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of Amica or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Amica. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Amica, an Amica employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing); or
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Amica or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair the Services or interfere with any other party's use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through the Services;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services;
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
Reliance on Information Posted
Other than information directly related to your Amica policy or claim: (i) the information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes; (ii) we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information; (iii) any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk; and (iv) we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Services may include, or link to, content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Amica, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Amica. We are not responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Services
We may update the Services and any related content from time to time, but content provided through the Services is not necessarily complete or up to date. Any of the content provided through the Services may be outdated at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Services
If you select a username, password and PIN and sign up to access Amica’s online policyholder services, you agree to the following conditions:
- Amica is authorized to act on instructions received under your username and password and PIN without any requirement to question those instructions;
- Amica is not liable for any unauthorized access to your private information that is not directly due to the negligence of Amica;
- Your username, password and PIN contain sensitive information and you will keep it confidential and secret;
- You will notify Amica immediately if you believe anyone else has learned your password, PIN and/or username, or if you believe an unauthorized access to Amica or your account has occurred or may occur; and
- Amica may deny access or block any transaction made under your username, password and PIN without prior notice if we suspect your account is being used by someone other than you, or if any unauthorized access to your personal information has occurred or may occur, or for any other reason, but we are under no obligation to do so.
Third Party Links
If the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to or through any of the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENT OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENT OR ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER AMICA NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH AMICA MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER AMICA NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH AMICA REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, THEIR CONTENTS OR ANY ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
AMICA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL AMICA, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Arbitration Provision; Class Action Waiver
In order to expedite and control the cost of disputes, you and Amica agree that any legal or equitable claim relating to these Terms or use of the Services, or any offering provided or obtained using the Services, (referred to as a “Claim”) will be resolved as follows:
A. Informal Resolution:
B. Formal Resolution by Arbitration/Class Action Waiver:
1. Write a demand for Arbitration. The demand must include a description of the Claim and the amount of damages sought to be recovered (“Demand for Arbitration”). You can file a demand at adr.org.
2. Send one copy of the Demand for Arbitration to the other party.
Waiver and Severability
Consumer Protection Notice
Subject to the foregoing, we reserve all rights, defenses and permissible limitations under the laws of the State of New Jersey and under the laws of your state of residence.
Terms Applicable for Apple iOS
(iii) You acknowledge that Amica, and not Apple, is responsible for providing the Services and any content thereof.
(iv) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or any support services to you with respect to the Services.
(v) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Services.
(vii) Further, you agree that if the Services, or your possession and use of the Services, infringes on a third party's intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
(ix) When using the Services, you agree to comply with any and all third-party terms that are applicable to any platform, website, technology or service that interacts with the Services.
Your Comments and Concerns
The Services are operated by Amica Mutual Insurance Company, 100 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to WebComments@Amica.com
Thank you for visiting the Services.