MAIP Rate Determination
Amica’s auto insurance rates are determined by analyzing a range of rating factors, including:
- Prior auto bodily injury limit – If prior auto bodily injury limit is not included on the application, Amica will assume that the policyholder did not have bodily injury coverage and will rate the policy accordingly.
- Adaptive headlights – Private passenger vehicles equipped with adaptive headlights will receive discounts for Parts 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7.
- Forward collision warning with or without autonomous braking – Private passenger vehicles equipped with a forward collision warning system will receive discounts for Parts 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7.
- Electronic stability control (ESC) – Private passenger vehicles equipped with factory-installed four-wheel electronic stability control systems will receive a discount for Part 7 (collision coverage) and Part 8 (limited collision coverage).
Please help us generate accurate rates and apply the proper discounts by completing the automobile discounts verification form on behalf of the applicant. On this form, we collect the applicant’s prior auto bodily injury limit, along with the vehicle discounts.
In addition, we consider the following factors:
- Good student eligibility – Each driver qualifying for the good student discount must complete our good student discount application. Please refer to the form for eligibility requirements. Submit this form to the student's educational institution for eligibility verification, then return it to Amica by U.S. mail or fax. The mailing and fax information is listed on the bottom of the application.
- Driver’s training classes – Complete the driver’s training discount application on behalf of each driver who has completed advanced driver training. Send the completed form and certificate of course completion to Amica by U.S. mail or fax. The mailing and fax information is listed on the bottom of the application. Classes must be recognized and approved by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The driver must have completed the course within 60 months of the policy effective date. The discount only applies to those vehicles where the operator completing the course has been assigned.