LINCOLN, R.I. - February is Aggressive Driving Awareness Month, and Amica Insurance is sharing five tips to help drivers stay safe when faced with angry motorists.
Some aggressive driving behaviors include running stop signs and red lights, tailgating, passing on the right, making unsafe lane changes and honking the horn. It’s important to understand how to handle aggressive drivers to keep those around you safe.
Amica is sharing the following tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to help prevent accidents caused by aggressive drivers:
- Make every attempt to get out of their way.
- Avoid eye contact with them.
- Ignore gestures and refuse to return them.
- Do not challenge them by speeding up.
- Report aggressive drivers to authorities by providing a vehicle description, license number, location and direction of travel.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,400 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter@amica.com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.