LINCOLN, R.I. – March is National Nutrition Month, and Amica Insurance is sharing some tips to help promote a healthier lifestyle.
Jean Tapley, wellness program manager at Amica, has 10 suggestions to put healthy choices right at your fingertips:
- Store whole fruits – like apples and pears – in bowls in the kitchen. They don’t have to be refrigerated, and having them visible is a great reminder to eat a piece of fruit.
- Cut melons as soon as you bring them home, as it will decrease waste.
- Don’t keep junk food in the house. Avoid buying things like chips and soda.
- Plan meals ahead of time. This will decrease the consumption of takeout foods.
- To prevent mindless snacking, keep a pair of dumbbells under the couch. That way, you can perform exercises while watching your favorite TV show.
- Have your favorite music handy. It’s a great way to reduce stress without turning to your favorite comfort foods.
- Store healthy snack bars or nuts in your car for easy access. This will help you avoid drive-through snacking.
- Sip on water rather than coffee when driving to work.
- Keep a water bottle on your desk, and carry it with you into meetings.
- Store healthy snacks in your department’s refrigerator.