LINCOLN, R.I. - October is Fall Car Care Month, so Amica Insurance is sharing tips to improve the safety and performance of your vehicle.
With winter right around the corner, now is a good time to prepare your car for the colder weather and tougher driving conditions. Amica is sharing the following tips from Car Care Council:
- Check tire pressure and tread, and also look for bulges and bald spots. Uneven wear to the tires means it’s time for a wheel alignment.
- Make sure the lights and windshield wipers work properly. Check both the interior and exterior lighting, and replace worn wiper blades to improve visibility during precipitation.
- Have the brake system checked annually, and make sure brake linings, rotors and drums are inspected during every oil change.
- Check the battery, hoses and belts. Make sure the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free. For hoses, make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Top off all fluids, including engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission fluid, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.