Claims Frequent Questions

Home Insurance Claims


Other Homeowner Claims Related Topics


Does my policy include fraud coverage?

The standard policy will pay up to $500 for loss due to the theft of a credit card or unauthorized use of a bank card.

Does my policy include flood coverage?

No, but flood coverage is recommended if you live in a flood zone. Flood insurance is offered through the National Flood Insurance Program.

Is identity theft covered?

Yes, if you carry the Identity Theft endorsement. Please review your policy or contact Amica to discuss this coverage further.

What is the difference between replacement cost and actual cash value?

Replacement cost is the total cost to repair or replace an insured item.

Actual cash value​ is the current value of property. This is often calculated by subtracting depreciation from the replacement cost.

Replacement cost – depreciation = actual cash value

We put an addition onto our home. Are we insured for it?

Yes, it would be covered just like any other room in your home. However, you should notify Amica whenever substantial changes are made to your home to ensure adequate coverage.

We have a shed in our yard. Is it covered?

Yes, sheds and other detached structures are covered by your home policy. The limit for these items is typically 10 percent of the limit on your dwelling. If you have larger detached structures on your property, you might want to consider purchasing additional coverage.

Someone was hurt on my property. What should I do?

First, call emergency services if needed. Then, contact Amica as soon as possible. We investigate all potential injury claims and will keep you informed throughout the process.

If my home was damaged during a robbery, is the damage covered?

Yes, theft is covered and any related damages to your home would be considered for coverage.

My car was destroyed by a fire in my garage. Am I covered under my home policy?

Your home policy does not cover cars that are required to be registered for use on public roads. If you carry other than collision​ coverage on your auto policy, the damage to your car would be covered by your auto policy.

What should I do if I receive legal documents, such as a summons and complaint?

If you receive a summons and complaint​ or other time-sensitive legal documentation regarding a loss, please contact Amica immediately for further assistance.