Privacy and Security
Amica Mutual Insurance Company ("Amica,” Company," or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, access or use the Amica’s mobile application (the "App"); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through this App and in email, text, chat, telephone calls or other electronic communications set through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline;
- We collect on our website, www.amica.com; or
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-party Information Collection).
To the extent that you provide information to third parties, we encourage you obtain and read the privacy policies of those third parties before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 800-242-6422.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Elect to Provide to Us
We will only receive certain information if you elect to provide it to us. The circumstances and purposes of your providing this information ("nonpublic personal information") is described below.
When you download this App and seek to use certain functions within the App, such as accessing and reviewing your account information, we will ask you provide nonpublic personal information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, account information or telephone number; and
- Information that you provide when you report a problem with the App.
You may also provide certain information to us through the App that relates to your policies with Amica, if any. In these instances, you may elect to provide this nonpublic personal information, such as:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time you log in to your account with us through the App, or request further services from us through the App;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- Information that you provide to pay any invoice, bill or account balance through this App, including but not limited to your bank account number or credit or debit account numbers;
- Descriptions of any motor vehicle accident you may provide to us through the App’s accident documenting or claim submission features. This may include information you provide about your and other vehicles or information about accidents, including potential injuries sustained. PLEASE NOTE: If you have been involved in an accident in which any anyone is injured, please call 911 for medical assistance;
- Videos and photos taken by you with your mobile device through this App, or selected from a gallery of photos or videos from your mobile device. PLEASE NOTE: Only take a photo or video of an accident if it is safe to do so; and
- Descriptions of any claim related to your homeowners policy, if any. This includes information you provide about damage to your home, loss of covered personal property through accident or theft, injuries, repairs and other information. PLEASE NOTE: If your claim is an emergency situation, such as a fire or electrical threat, please call 911 to address the emergency.
Automatic Information Collection
Other information about you may be automatically collected when you download, access and use the App through technology designed to collect this information ("application usage information"). The types of application usage information we collect are:
Usage details: When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including session data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
Device information We may collect information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number.
This App may access information about your location to customize certain features of the App, such as the Find a Repair Shop feature. This location information is not transmitted to Amica and we do not collect it.
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Your mobile device manufacturer; and
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about our users. This may include information about users' use of this App and other apps and websites to serve them interest-based (behavioral) advertising. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used.
How We Use Your Information
The application usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests; and
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may disclose aggregate application usage information about users of our App without restriction.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information you submit to us through the App will be protected using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and RSA encryption.
Once transmitted, your nonpublic personal information is protected by our secure firewalls and other network security measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user name, password and personal identification number (“PIN”) for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this user name password and PIN confidential. We ask you not to share your user name password and PIN with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We may utilize push notifications to notify you of updates or changes. A push notification is a way for this App to send information to your phone via a badge, alert or pop-up message, even when you are not using the App. As a default, this App is set to provide these push notifications, but you can disable them by selecting the ‘My app settings’ option within the ‘My Account’ menu. Select ‘No’ for Reminder Notification for Maintenance Reminders and Save. Push notifications do not gather any additional information about you.
100 Amica Way
Lincoln RI, 02865
or via our toll-free number: