Home Business Coverage
More and more of us are working out of our homes. Whether you're doing business from your house or simply performing some "after hours" assignment for your employer, don't sell yourself short when it comes to insurance. Here are some things you should consider:
- If you use your own personal computer for any business purpose, you may need additional coverage to make certain it is properly insured.
- Office furniture, electronic equipment, or supplies - even hobby items such as crafts for sale - can be considered business property. You may need protection.
- If your laptop is always in your lap, even while traveling, you may be a business on the move.
- Do you provide tutoring or private lessons to anyone? Are you covered?
- If your home business results in increased traffic around your home, you probably have increased liability exposures.
The above examples are merely some of the possible insurance-related situations that are peculiar to the "homework" trend in American work habits. In fact, depending upon your own work circumstances, you could have even greater business exposures.