To our Illinois customers in areas affected by recent floods:
Please note that we have taken the following steps regarding weather-related claims to comply with the Illinois Department of Insurance. This applies to all affected policyholders residing in, owning or insuring any property located in or around counties that have been declared disaster areas by Gov. Rauner.
- We shall withdraw cancellation or nonrenewal notices on any in-force policy issued to an affected policyholder or for affected property on or after July 12, 2017, and we will reinstate the policy with no lapse in coverage. In addition, Amica will not issue any new cancellation or nonrenewal notices to affected policyholders or for affected property until Sep. 30, 2017, or a later time depending on the policyholder’s situation.
- We will extend all policy provisions or other requirements that impose a time limit for an insured or claimant to submit a claim or proof of loss, report information, submit bills or make payments. This extension shall be for a minimum of 60 days from the last date allowed under the policy, or longer depending on the customer’s situation.
- If repairs on affected property can’t be completed within the time period required under any policy, Amica will provide customers with an extension of no less than 60 days to make repairs.
- We will not cancel or nonrenew insurance policies on property in these affected areas due to “increase in the risk originally accepted” or due to the geographic location of the risk.
- We will consider exceptions to policy or contract requirements, or to other rating or underwriting rules not listed, when they are not met as a result of this disaster.
At Amica, we’re here to help you 24/7. But if you have any concerns or complaints regarding any disaster-related dispute, you may call the the Illinois Department of Insurance’s toll-free complaint hotline at 866-445-5364, or file a complaint online at: https://mc.insurance.illinois.gov/messagecenter.nsf.