LINCOLN, R.I. - As the calendar creeps closer to winter, now is a good time to prepare for the cold months ahead. Snow, sleet and ice can lead to treacherous driving conditions, so Amica Insurance has some tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe on the road.
The Car Care Council says that taking an hour or two to have your vehicle checked will provide peace of mind and help avoid the cost and hassle of a breakdown during severe weather. That’s why Amica is offering the following tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to help prepare:
- Inspect windshield wiper blades, and replace them if necessary.
- Check and fill windshield wiper fluid and antifreeze.
- Inspect tires for issues with air pressure and treads, and replace them if they’re worn.
- Turn on the heater and defroster to make sure they’re working properly.
- Test the brakes to ensure the car can come to a complete stop.