LINCOLN, R.I. - It’s an exciting time when babies and young children begin to crawl and walk, but it’s important to protect them from potential hazards around the home. That’s why Amica Insurance is sharing some tips to help keep them safe.
Amica recommends the following tips from Safe Kids Worldwide:
- Use approved safety gates at the top and bottom of stairs. Attach them to the wall, if possible.
- Store poisonous items out of reach, including liquid detergent packets for the laundry and dishwasher. Use safety locks on cabinets within reach.
- Install stops on dresser drawers. This will prevent the drawers from being pulled out.
- Keep toilet lids closed. Make sure doors to bathrooms and laundry rooms are also closed.
- See the world from a child’s point of view, and remove small items. Get on the floor on hands and knees to see things at a child’s eye level.