LINCOLN, R.I. - June is National Safety Month, so Amica Insurance is sharing 10 reminders to promote wellness inside and outside the home.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the leading cause of death in 2015 for those ages 1-44 was unintentional injury. That’s why the National Safety Council recommends the following safety tips:
Be ready for the unexpected
- Always watch children around water.
- Keep emergency phone numbers nearby.
- Become certified in first aid and CPR.
Safeguard your health
- Keep medicine away from children.
- Be aware of medication interactions.
Watch for danger
- Secure furniture to avoid tip-overs.
- Fall-proof the bathrooms of older adults.
- Pay attention to where you are walking.
Make good choices behind the wheel
- Practice driving with teens, even after they get a license.
- Focus on the road instead of distractions.