LINCOLN, R.I. - February is Aggressive Driving Awareness Month, and Amica Insurance is sharing tips to help drivers stay safe when faced with angry motorists.
Some aggressive driving behaviors include running stop signs and red lights, tailgating, passing on the right, making unsafe lane changes and honking the horn. It’s important to understand how to handle aggressive drivers to help keep everyone safe.
Amica is sharing the following tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to help prevent accidents caused by aggressive drivers:
- Make every attempt to get out of the way.
- Avoid eye contact with them.
- Ignore gestures and don't return them.
- Do not challenge them by speeding up.
- Report aggressive drivers to authorities by providing a vehicle description, license number, location and direction of travel.