Home Insurance Claims
- Does my policy include fraud coverage?
- Does my policy include flood coverage?
- Is identity theft covered?
- What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost?
- We added an addition to our home. Are we insured for it?
- We have a shed in our yard. Is it covered?
- Someone was hurt on my property, what should I do?
- If my home was damaged during a robbery, is the damage covered?
- My car was located in my garage and a fire destroyed it. Am I covered under my homeowners policy?
- What should I do if I receive legal documents, such as a summons and complaint?
Homeowner Claims Related Topics
The standard policy will pay up to $500 for loss due to the theft of a credit card or unauthorized use of a bank card.
No, but flood coverage is recommended if you live in a flood zone. Please call our sales and client services department at 800-242-6422 for further assistance.
Yes, if you carry the Identity Theft endorsement. Please review your policy or contact Amica to discuss this coverage further.
Yes, it would be covered just like any other room in your home. However, you should notify Amica whenever substantial changes are made to your home to ensure adequate coverage. This will also ensure that you are in compliance with the provisions of your policy.
Yes, sheds and other detached structures are covered by your homeowners policy. The limit for these items is typically 10% of the limit on your dwelling. If you have larger outbuildings or detached structures on your property, you might want to consider purchasing additional coverage.
First, call emergency services if needed. Then, contact Amica as soon as possible. We investigate all potential injury claims and will explain our findings and conclusions promptly.
Yes, theft is a covered peril and any related damages to your home would be considered for coverage.
Your homeowners policy does not cover vehicles that are required to be registered for use on public roads. If you carry other than collision coverage on your auto policy, then the damage to your vehicle would be covered by your auto policy.
If you receive a summons and complaint or other legal documentation regarding a homeowner loss, please contact Amica immediately for further assistance as responding to these documents is time sensitive.