LINCOLN, RI – Amica Insurance is sponsoring an important radio message from the Rhode Island State Police, reminding everyone to celebrate safely this holiday season.
"Please, do not drink and drive,” said Rhode Island State Police Col. Brendan Doherty. “The alcohol-related fatalities in this state need to stop. Troopers will be, once again, out in force. Don’t be one of our statistics. Be safe. Be smart and enjoy.”
Amica Insurance offers the following reminders:
• Don’t drink and drive.
• Don’t let family members or friends drive if they’ve had too much to drink.
• Don’t accept a ride from someone else who’s been drinking.
• If you’re going to an event where alcohol will be served, select a designated driver in advance.
• If you’re hosting a party, make sure your guests have rides home or a place to sleep if they’ve been drinking.
• Avoid driving late at night or in the early morning hours, especially during the holidays.
• Make sure to wear your seatbelt – and that your passengers are wearing their seatbelts, too.
"Please celebrate the holidays responsibly,” said Craig Phelps, senior assistant vice president in charge of Corporate Communications at Amica Insurance. “We’re hoping everyone has a happy and safe holiday season.”
Amica Mutual Insurance Company, the nation's oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in
1907. The company, with corporate headquarters in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,200 people in 40 offices across the country.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way,
Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Twitter: Amica Insurance
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.