Spring into the warmer months with cleanup tips from Amica
LINCOLN, RI - A long, cold winter has finally given way to spring, and it’s time to start cleaning up the yard and making other household repairs. Amica Insurance reminds homeowners to consider six key areas during outdoor spring cleanup.
• Roof and attic: Check for damage, leaks, stains and moisture, especially around chimneys, vents and pipes. Clean attic vents to improve air circulation, and replace any screens that are damaged.
• Fireplace: Make sure the chimney is cleaned and serviced after using it for the last time.
• Gutters and downspouts: Adjust downspouts so that rainwater flows away from the home. Inspect downspout extensions, and reinstall any that have fallen off during the winter.
• Drainage and landscaping: Clean all debris from ditches and culverts, and examine trees for broken or weak limbs.
• Deck: Check for loose or damaged boards, framing, posts, steps and guardrails. If you plan on refinishing or painting the deck, only do so if the outdoor temperature is above 70 degrees.
• Air conditioner: Remove lint and other debris from the condenser enclosure, and be careful not to damage the aluminum fins on the exterior. It’s also a good idea to have the system checked every few years.
Amica Mutual Insurance Company, the nation's oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, with corporate headquarters in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,200 employees in 40 offices across the country.
Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way,
Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Twitter: Amica Insurance
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.