Amica Insurance offers tips for basic car maintenance
LINCOLN, RI – Spring is just around the corner, and Amica Insurance reminds motorists that now is a great time to perform some basic maintenance on your car to keep it dependable and safe.
“Simple maintenance can go a long way in extending the life of your vehicle,” said Anthony Noviello, assistant vice president with Amica. “Ignoring routine maintenance on your car can leave you with big repair bills and headaches in the future.”
Here are a few reminders:
- Change your car’s oil and oil filter. Check your oil level frequently.
- Check the battery. Make sure cables are attached and free of corrosion.
- Maintain antifreeze, transmission, brake and power steering fluids and look in your driveway or parking place for possible leaks.
- Keep the right amount of pressure in your tires. Under-inflated tires will wear faster and provide poor traction.
- Inspect hoses and belts. Replace if they’re leaking or cracked.
- See a certified mechanic if your car is running loudly or poorly. Smaller problems can become more serious if they aren’t taken care of early.
Other important parts to check include your car’s air filter, spark plugs and windshield wipers, Noviello said. And make sure headlights, brake lights and turn signals are working properly.
Even keeping your car clean can help extend the life of your vehicle, Noviello said. A regular wash and wax will protect your car from precipitation and help prevent rust.
“A properly maintained car will run more efficiently and be safer,” Noviello said. “Stick to a regular maintenance schedule to keep your car in good shape and yourself safe on the road.”
Amica Mutual Insurance Company, the nation's oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, with corporate headquarters in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,100 people in 40 offices across the country.
CONTACT:Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way,
Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Twitter: Amica Insurance
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.